Phone consult appointments and face to face consultations are now available.
Onsite consults and phone consults can be booked via our online booking service – simply click the book online button for this service or call us on 02 9819 6666 for assistance. Please note that due to the increased volume of phone calls at the moment it is recommended that appointments be booked via our online booking service as much as possible.
After a phone consult, if your doctor requires you to come in for an on-site consultation, they will book you in for a face to face appointment themselves. We are asking all patients that do attend the practice to wear a mask when they come in (if you have one) to assist in preventing the transmission of COVID at DMC to other patients and staff (even if you do not have any symptoms).
If you have any of the following symptoms:
Please do not attend the practice. This is vital, as it is an important protective measure for all of our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you develop these symptoms and your doctor has booked you in for an on-site appointment, please call us immediately. Again, please do not attend the practice.
Phone Consults & Triage Prior To Attending The Practice
At DMC we are working hard to ensure the safety of all patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, and are working towards the majority of consultations being conducted by telephone, and reserve face to face appointments only for those that are well, and have been triaged over the phone by one of our team members first.
For patients that have been self isolated or quarantined
We take the safety of our staff and community very seriously and are currently putting in measures to ensure the safest possible environment to work in and also attend. Some measures we are putting in place are:
- Constant monitoring of the latest updates and reports from the Department of Health, NSW Health, the local Public Health Unit, CESPHN, RACGP, AMA, World Health Organisation, and Avant
- All patients and visitors are required to wear a mask when on-site at DMC Medical Centre for any length of time
- Hand sanitiser stationed in multiple locations throughout the practice with all patients and staff encouraged to use it frequently. Our clinical staff use it before and after each patient as well as washing their hands with hospital grade cleanser regularly
- Continual cleaning of the practice with disposable hospital grade disinfectant wipes, in accordance with a dedicated cleaning roster
- Personal protective equipment including masks worn by all staff when consulting with patients, assisting patients or visitors in close proximity (less than 1.5m), and in all public areas of the practice
- Social distance measures have been put in place both in the waiting area, at reception, and other areas of the practice
- Telephone and telehealth consults being utilised when appropriate
- Any patients with upper respiratory symptoms are not permitted to attend the practice in person, and may access care from their doctor via telephone consults only whilst stymptomatic (either bulk billed or private, whatever is most appropriate)
- Immediate isolation and testing of any staff member who experiences any upper respiratory symptoms until their test is confirmed negative and symptoms resolve (and have clearance to return to work)
- Reporting of any patient who breaches self-isolation orders to Crime Stoppers (and ensuring they are warned before they leave home to prevent this from occurring)
We will continue to update this information as it becomes available.
Incoming Phone Calls
Please be aware that at this stage, our phone lines are ringing constantly and our staff are doing their absolute best to answer them as quickly as possible. Delays are possible at times, however there is immense pressure for our staff and we ask that all patients be respectful and kind to our staff at all times.